Rockies Express Pipeline LLC (REX) is one of the largest pipelines ever constructed in the United States. The 1,698-mile pipeline stretches from northwestern Colorado and Wyoming to eastern Ohio and boasts 1.8 billion cubic feet per day of long-haul design capacity. REX became fully operational in November 2009.
In addition to providing an outlet for Rockies gas production, the pipeline has recently begun firm service from Appalachian basins to Midwest markets. In particular, Rockies Express is developing firm, bi-directional capability in its rate Zone 3 between Ohio and Illinois. As a consequence, Midwest markets (including local distribution companies, industrial customers, power plants, and third party pipelines) will have access to abundant natural gas sources in the Rockies and Appalachian basins. This supply optionality should benefit consumers in terms of pricing and reliability.
Rockies Express is owned by Tallgrass Development (through a subsidiary, Tallgrass Development owns a 50 percent interest in and operates the pipeline), Sempra US Gas & Power and Phillips 66.
For more Rockies Express Pipeline operational and shipper information, please visit our
Tallgrass Pipeline Interactive Website.
• Firm Transportation Services
• Interruptible Transportation Services
• Park and Loan Services
• Pooling and Wheeling Services
• Booster Compression Services
For business development on new services and facilities:
- Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio contact Doug Walker (815) 464-1617
- Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska contact Kurt Gregson (913) 312-3233
- Colorado and Wyoming contact Crystal Heter (303) 763-3309
For services and pricing:
For pipeline scheduling:
• Mike Thomas (303) 763-3214 or
• Scheduling Hotline: (303) 763-2906
For operations: Mick Rafter (303) 763-3689
For right-of-way: Dick Sears (303) 763-3302
For credit worthiness: Nate Lien (913) 928-6042
Investor Information (Login Required)