Tallgrass Energy Partners
Tallgrass Pony Express Pipeline, LLC (PXP) is a substantial organic growth project which when completed, will transport domestic light crude found in the Bakken production area of North Dakota and eastern Montana to Cushing, Oklahoma. The pipeline will be comprised of a converted portion of an existing natural gas pipeline and a newly constructed pipeline. The PXP project will increase energy independence by adding capacity for safe and efficient energy transportation. PXP is consulting with numerous federal, state and local agencies in project planning, design and permitting. All regulatory requirements will be followed, and all required permits and authorizations will be obtained.
Pony Express is a subsidiary of Tallgrass Development, LP.
- Pony Express Pipeline will originate at Guernsey, Wyoming, go southeast crossing through the corners of NE Colorado and SW Nebraska before turning south at Lincoln, Kansas, Pony Express will terminate at an existing petroleum facility in Cushing, Oklahoma.
- Construction Right-of-Way..................100 feet
- Temporary Work Space........................50 feet
- Permanent Right-of-Way......................50 feet
- Depth of Cover........................Minimum 3 feet
Cushing Extension Facts
Counties along the Route:
- Approximately 260-mile new construction extension from Lincoln County, Kansas to Payne County, Oklahoma.
- 24-inch diameter underground crude oil pipeline
- Transporting light, sweet crude oil
- Pipeline capacity between 230,000 and 320,000 barrels per day (bpd)
- 80 percent of the route is co-located with existing energy infrastructure
Above Ground Facilities:
- Kansas: Lincoln, Ellsworth, Saline, McPherson, Harvey, Sedgwick, Butler and Cowley
- Oklahoma: Kay, Noble and Payne
- Pump stations and metering facilities are proposed along the new construction route
Pony Express Pipeline Project
370 Van Gordon Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80228
Pony Express Pipeline Project Right-of-Way Office in Wichita, Kansas